Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pots [Shad Ali X Ghosty]

Before we get to the video I have a few things to say. 1. If you don't already know these two emcee's (yea I said emcee's, they're more than just rappers with a bad spittin habit) you need to get familiar.  2. I've asked the question and tried to have friendly debates time and time again for best rhyme scheme in the Burgh.  There's a ton of talented dudes in Pittsburgh but I think when it really comes down to some hiphop shit Ghosty definitely is in the top 3 for rhyme schemes and all around hiphop understanding but Shad Ali really gave him a run for his money on this track.  Shad is quickly becoming one of my favorite artist and the ghosted one has been for a minute so it's dope to catch them on the same track (You can also hear them together on Vills track Royalty).  I'm also a dude that loves visuals and Ghosty hasn't had many of recent.  The last one I can think of off the top is Southside slopes with Crystal Seth and before that the triple E's ANtuKS cypher and Keep It Thoro 11'.  If you pay any sorta attention to Keep It Thoro you can catch Shad with Ghost through out the video.  I'm really just mindlessly babble-typing right now because it's 4 am and I'm so delusional off lack of sleep that my eyes are on Forest Whitaker so to make it simple here's the video. Beat produced by Baka.  Also keep an eye out for All For The Love coming in May from Shad and New Rhyme Cinema coming soon from Ghosty.

v

No comments: